Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Another ladies purse

Just this weekend I finished another ladies purse. It is basicly the same design as the last one. This new one has two pouchlets, rather than just one and it is a bit larger. The pouch measures 20 x 20 cm.



I also found this picture from the Mendel Hausbuch at this fantastic site: Die hausbücher der Nürnberger Zwölfbrüderstiftungen
(It contains a great amount of 15th century craftsmen (as well as 16th and 17th century craftsmen))

A purse very similar to the one I made lies on the table.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! A friend has just sent me a link to your blog, and I am really impressed. Wonderful jobs!

    Several people in Spain are following, just now, your technique to make a leather flask water-proof.

    Thanks a lot; and go on showing us those incredible pieces of wonderful craftmanship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading! :-)
    I am currently working on a new larger bottle. Same shape as the last one.

    The real trick in making them waterproof is to do the stitches right. you really need to pull them tight. I use double threads, when sewing them. It makes for a stronger stitching.

    Also It should be said that I am not the only contributor to this blog.
    There is also my girlfriend Louise, and my brother in law, Simon.

    So we are all one happy medieval family :-)

    ReplyDelete